Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Portfolio Guide

Wikimedia Commons
First Portfolio Story: Greek Invasion
  • Story with a twist on the usual battle between Greeks and Trojans. Achilles must fight the greatest warrior in the land, Hector. Who will prevail?








Wikimedia Commons
Second Portfolio Story: Origin of Camilla
  • Odysseus is used to being the man in charge. Never anything to stop him. After he is trapped by Circe, an unlikely hero named Camilla must emerge to rescue her crew members.
(Romeo and Juliet  --  Snapshots of the Past)
Source: Flickr
Third Portfolio Story: Lil Romero
  • Romero has his eyes set on the most gorgeous girl in his class. He never has the courage to talk to her and doesn't know what he should do. You'll find out that he is willing to go to great lengths to win her over. Will she fall in love with him?







Wikimedia Commons
Fourth Portfolio Story: The Old Man and an Aching Tooth
  • This is a story filled with Blackfoot Indian folklore characters that are set up in an accumulative telling style. An old man can fix his tooth ache, but an unlikely sequence of events may just be the thing to help him. (Probably my favorite style to write. I would highly recommend trying it out!)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Logan! First thing I notice is that it was a little hard to find where your story was because you titled it “First Portfolio Story” and it doesn’t really stand out. What if you made the link the title of the story?

    I like the small little paragraph that leaves you wanting more! It was very intriguing.

    One thing I really noticed when reading through your story is the way you formatted your writing. I really like the way you did this. I haven’t seen a story written quite like this yet and it gives me an idea for some of my future posts. It can be tough to read stories that are just big paragraphs and I think you broke it up just enough to where you didn’t lose anything in your story.

    The dialogue is funny and done well so good job on that! I always struggle writing dialogue so I tend to stay away from it but I think you did a fantastic job with it!

    Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So from reading your first story post of the Greek Invasion, I am very impressed! Almost to the point that I wasn't quite sure what to say in aspect of switching things up or adding to things. I truly enjoyed your writing style, it was quite easy to follow in terms of imagination.
    With that, the ending slightly confused me. Though it ended seemingly light-hearted, yet very mysterious, I am quite curious as to what you had Patroclus mean when he said that final statement. I would also have liked to see some action on Patroclus's end of things, as I felt like he was somewhat of an interesting supporting character. Your overall theme was very well thought out, even if I don’t know the original story all that well. I just remember watching the tweaked movie with Brad Pitt in it. I enjoyed that version very much. Curiosity also bit when mentioning the Achilles heel. I figured the name came about because of Achilles himself, I feel that could’ve been mentioned and/or if not, that it should’ve just been considered a heel/tendon? Not sure that’d be any relatable but it was just a though. Either way you did a grand job!

    ReplyDelete