Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Famous Last Words: And So It Begins

Note to Self:

(writer's block-Jerry Seinfeld  --  the writing reader)
Source: Flickr
This week I would consider some of my best writing to be my introduction post. I wouldn't say that the writing quality was eloquent or that my vocabulary was top notch, but I was able to write freely and creatively. Usually when I write, I hit many road blocks where I can't think of what I should put down next. Throughout the writing process I get discouraged by these stopping points and begin to think about the word count, hoping that I will be able to scrape words together in a somewhat logical sequence. When writing an introduction about myself, as self-centered as it may sound, I did not have that issue. Now, it may be due to my knowledge of self, so I didn't have to do much thinking, but I was really able to have fun with the flow of writing. I usually don't take the time to talk much about myself when meeting people, but with this assignment I felt as though I dipped further into my hobbies, which was a fun experience. Also, choosing appropriate photos to insert into my blog post was a nice challenge to really put a picture to my words. I hope that my future writings can be even more enjoyable.

I don't feel as though my other classes have really started even though we have had a few meetings. Maybe that is because I am used to spending a lot of time for this class, but I am sure the workload reality will hit me like a sledgehammer soon enough. Considering that my other courses are mostly based on numbers and formulas, sadly I may not be able to utilize my new blogging and writing techniques in them. On the bright side, after spending so much of my time working with numbers, it will be refreshing to read and write about various topics that I choose in this class. One of my weaknesses would have to be writing, especially when trying out different styles, so I hope to improve in that area throughout this course.

My goals for Week 2 in this course are to be started on the Week 3 and 4 assignments. It is definitely going to be a stretch, but now is the best time to take on a great deal of work because my other classes are just starting to turn their wheels. For my other classes, I hope to be able to use some of the time management tips discussed in our Week 1 blogs to better plan my work in the future. This semester seems like it will be time consuming, but who knows, maybe I'll be reading this at the end of the semester wishing that I could do it all over again... that may be pushing it.

1 comment:

  1. Logan,

    You are very on top of things and I admire that about you!
    It appears you are lucky in the sense that you are so eloquent with words and also numbers. I hope you can manage your schedule better than you are thinking you can in this blog post! I think some of those time management tips we all talked about could be very beneficial to you – especially with a demanding major.

    Best,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete