Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Storybook Favorites

Andrea's Storybook: Weather Gods
The title of this storybook immediately caught my attention towards the top of the mythology list. I definitely wouldn't consider this to be something that I have much knowledge about, which is part of the reason it intrigued me. In the introduction, Andrea explains how she wants to travel to numerous specific times to visit different weather gods. My curiosity expanded as I read through the introduction and it actually did make me want to know the questions and answers she asked the different gods. The image and font added to the ambiance of the page because they are colorful, which is something I think of with space/time travel (bright colorful lights). The different tabs for each god she visited were helpful because they helped organize the information. I would like to use similar tabs in my project, so it is easy to navigate when the time comes.

The Adventures of Thor and Asgard
(Thor  --  Source: The Mighty Thor)
I have always enjoyed stories and movies about Thor, so when I saw this title, I had to read about it. The title is slightly misleading because the introduction is narrated from a Frost-giant's point of view. I originally thought it would be from Thor's point of view, but the stories are related to Thor and Asgard. After finishing the introduction, I felt inclined to read more about the stories from the journal. I do enjoy the fact that the narration came from a different point of view that hasn't been covered much from what I've seen. It is creative to give the side of someone who lives outside of Asgard looking in. The design layout is somewhat simplistic, but well organized and easy to navigate. 

Remember the Alamo
I learned a lot about the Alamo in grade school growing up in Texas. I only remembered broad details, so when I saw this title, I became interested in renewing old memories. "Remember the Alamo" is a great title for this project because it is truly the topic. I enjoyed the navigation of the site and the presentation of the introduction. It is told from Sam Houston's point of view and the writer truly went into character, which made it even more fun to read. I would like to really get into character when I do my project because by reading "Remember the Alamo", it seemed more interactive with the accent in the writing. Overall, I would say that the introduction did make me want to recount the memories of major role characters in the Alamo.

No comments:

Post a Comment