Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Time Strategies

11 Ways Unsuccessful People Mismanage Their Time
Instead of reading the articles about what I should be doing with my time, I decided to read one that discussed things I could be doing wrong. While reading each of the 11 ways, I compared my time management methods to see if I had any of these bad habits. Sadly, I do.
(time  --  Sean MacEntee)
Source: Flickr

  • The first thing I need to do better is utilize my time on the weekends. Rather than think of them as "off" days, I can use the open hours on Saturday and Sunday to get ahead in my work coming up for that week.
  • The second thing I do is wrong is juggle too many assignments and activities. The main reason I have issues with this, results from my estimation of the time it will take to do certain assignments. Sometimes I believe something will be quick and easy (wrong) and other times I plan too much time for something that can be easily completed. With more scheduling experience, I can get better at estimating the time needed to complete both crucial and trivial tasks.



No comments:

Post a Comment