Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Learning Challenge: Gratitude

(Gratitude  --  klhug)
Source: Flickr
I watched the video The Amazing Effects of Gratitude. As said in the video, gratitude can be defined as "The quality or condition of being thankful; the appreciation of an inclination to return kindness." I was surprised by all of the studies involved with gratitude and gratefulness in the video. Before, I thought of gratitude as a simple feeling of happiness when someone did something nice for me. In a way that's what it is, but it's also a lot more complicated than that. I couldn't believe the study about keeping a gratefulness journal and how it correlates with an increase in happiness (it even helped people with heart disease). I am going to try out the grateful technique for the next week to see if it works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment