Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Growth Mindset: Writing Challenge Continued

Wikimedia Commons
Last week, I wrote about my writing challenges I chose (lengthening my story and using more visual details). I left off talking about my story length. I had gotten it to almost 1000 words, but still felt like I needed to add more visual details. To complete the challenge I had to go back and take out some of the parts, which I felt were unnecessary and add back words that were useful. I also reworded some sentences and adjectives to make them more valuable. I actually had to look up more pictures to add in (which the readers can use to help them image the setting even better) and also just looked up pictures to visualize what I wanted from the setting. Even though I was writing the story, I still had to look at pictures, which really helped me put what I had in mind on paper (in the blog). Hopefully this challenge will carry over into my other stories without me having to focus on it too much, buuuuuut I doubt it will fix itself that quickly. Overtime I will get better as long as i keep writing the stories. I recommend this challenge to anyone who struggles with story length!

No comments:

Post a Comment