Friday, February 24, 2017

Learning by H.E.A.R.T.: Self Realization of Selfies

Learning Challenge I couldn't get the original picture to upload onto my blog, but you can go check it out at this link! It's crazy to look at this picture and think, "Wow, this has become commonplace in our society." I am proud of the girls, in the top left and bottom right corners. At least they are able to enjoy their food without the selfie aspect. Who knows, they may have already "IG'd" the food (made up verb usage for Instagram).

Wikimedia Commons
I would love to be able to say that these girls are out of the ordinary these days, but I think I'd be lying to myself. It's definitely not just girls either. I see guys taking selfies all of the time too. This just reminds me of how insidious social media has become. That is probably too harsh of a word because I do think there are a lot of benefits that come from the instant communication, but dependence on technology can definitely be a problem. When I think about what it would be like to go somewhere without my phone, computer, or other technological communication, I can't imagine what it would be like. Hopefully I, and many others, can lower my dependence on technology overtime. That goal seems out of reach with how much I need it in everyday life, but maybe I can do a growth mindset challenge to use my phone less. I definitely need to limit myself at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment