Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Growth Mindset: Conversation

(I am Tiger Woods  --  Marc Levin)
Source: Flickr
This week for the Growth Mindset challenge, I decided to talk to my roommate about the concept of having a growth mindset. At first, when I asked if he had heard of it, he looked completely caught off guard. He figured I was just making something up, but then I explained it to him. We started to talk about the reality of people growing up in today's society. He believes that a lot of kids, including some of us really do look for instant results. He admitted that as a golfer, he looks for improvement seemingly overnight when trying to get better. Although he knows that isn't how it works, he said that is just how he views some things from how he grew up. Hopefully talking about this with him will help his patience with golf. If he can realize he has potential to improve his golf game overtime, he won't be frustrated with lack of results right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment