Friday, February 24, 2017

Growth Mindset: Writing Challenges

Wikimedia Commons
I chose to try and grow my writing process this week. I decided to do two different challenges, so I'm not completely done with the first one, but I finished expanding my story. Next week I will update everyone about my experience when I finish the visual detail challenge. Expanding my stories is usually quite a challenge for me. Well, it is if I choose to do it correctly. It isn't hard to add filler words like "really" and unnecessary adjectives. I thought that adding visual details would help me expand my story closer to the 1000 word limit, so it seemed like the right idea to mix the two challenges together. I am sitting at about 950 words now, so when finishing the visual challenge I will have to choose words carefully, which will be good for me. I want to be better at writing concisely. Although I'm not great with doing so, the reading and writing I have been doing in this course has helped me a lot. The room for improvement was definitely great, but I notice each week I become slightly more confident in my ability. Whether that is false self confidence or not is a totally different story. Maybe I should write something about that haha. I'm excited to try out some new techniques to really see how much I can improve my writing. Wish me luck haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment