Friday, February 24, 2017

Reading Notes: Adam and Eve (Extra Reading Week 6)

Wikimedia Commons
The writing style that the story begins with (in the description it discussed multiple languages were to be used throughout the story) is more difficult to follow than a modern day conversation for me at least. It warned to read the paragraphs first to make sure you are okay with the reading, but I wanted to go ahead and try it anyways just to expose myself to a different type even if I didn't want to use it in my story creations.

So far from reading the different stories, I'm having trouble figuring out how I could write a story concerning the same topics. Up to this point, it has just been more of an informational read. One thing for sure though, is that I won't be able to write with the same style. I said this before, but as I read further, I realize more that the style just isn't my taste. Although I don't grasp the older style of writing quite as well for overall technique, I do think it's fun to use for the dialogue. In my story about Achilles and Hector I tried using a more proper English dialogue tone. I enjoy reading that way in my head and it really helps me get into the character's mind. Basically it depends on the story. Whatever feels the most like what the character would actually do, usually fits best.

The descriptions about creating Eve were interesting. The different reasonings as to why certain body parts of Adam were not used. Also how Adam not watching Eve's creation made him want to be with her as opposed to the other woman whom he watched be born and did not like. It's weird to think about that in relation to friendships from young ages between men and women (boys and girls). Some of those relationships do come to fruition though (no pun intended).

Bibliography: Adam and Eve, Louis Ginzberg

No comments:

Post a Comment